If you like crafts and decorating ideas to make yourself at home, you’re sure to hear about gel aromatic candles. Although they have a wick, they are different from conventional ones because of the material used, a gel that offers many possibilities.
These types of candles allow you to customize them completely. You can use different containers and items to create unique decorative objects and even very special gifts for your loved ones. Discover the aromatic gel candles!
How are aromatic gel candles made?
What do we need?
To start, these are the materials we will need for our candles:
- Glass containers ( the glass should be a little thick to keep warm and not bubbles )
- Wicks for gel candles
- Gel wax
- Essential oils
We will also need a pot or casserole to heat and melt the gel wax.
How do we do them?
Next, we detail the elaboration process step by step:
- To begin, we must glue the end of the wick to the base of the container. Some wicks already have a tongue to facilitate this step. However, it is essential to ensure that you do not use any glue that may be flammable.
- Next, we should chop the gel wax and heat it in a pot until it melts. The temperature to get this gel to melt is 200 ° C.
- At this time we can add the dyes and essential oils to our liking, then mix well.
- Then we can proceed to refill the containers with this liquid gel and the ornaments we want. We must be very careful in this step so as not to burn ourselves.
- Finally, let cool and we will have our aromatic gel candles ready.
Original ideas for your aromatic gel candles
The right aroma
For starters, not all gel candles are aromatic. The essence is the perfect final touch for this original craft. It is the way to get these decorative elements also aromatic the atmosphere of a room.
For this, we recommend using pure essential oils instead of synthetic essences. Some of the most popular are the following:
- Citrus: They help improve mood.
- Lavender: It has soothing properties.
- Mint: Refreshes and cleans the environment.
- Eucalyptus: Promotes respiratory function.
- Cinnamon: It is aphrodisiac and stimulating.
And what do we decorate them with?
Here we have a lot of potential with our gel candles since they create an effect as if it were a liquid. Therefore, we can imitate different landscapes or scenes. Do not hesitate to use sand, stones, figures, diamonds, marine elements, etc.
We can even retrieve objects with emotional value for us or small childhood toys to make a precious memory in the form of a gel candle. Dyes and essences will allow you to create a unique sensory experience.
The most original containers for your aromatic gel candles
At this point, you can let your imagination fly to achieve different and original gel aromatic candles. In addition, it is about taking advantage of containers that you already have at home and that you can recycle, such as glasses, cups, beer mugs or glass yogurt jars.
But the possibilities are endless. Why not make a large gel candle with a fish tank that you no longer use? A vase, a vase, a pot, those glasses of champagne that you no longer use or a few glasses of liquor that are only saving dust. Seek and you shall find!
Now you have many ideas as a starting point to start making your aromatic gel candles. In addition, it invites other family members in the creation of this craft. Surely the little ones will be happy to participate.
These candles are also a personalized and unique gift for special occasions, such as baptisms, communions or weddings. So much to give to the guests to complete a gift to the honoree. Take advantage of this idea to create an object that nobody will forget.