Next we will show you 3 vegetable creams to improve your defenses. The variety in the intake of fruits and vegetables is key. Using vegetables of various colors guarantees the correct supply of vitamins and minerals. It is also interesting to choose those with a high antioxidant content. Don’t stop trying them!
1. Vegetable cream with spinach
Considering the data published through Food & Function, we can say that spinach is healthy and nutritious food. Therefore, this vegetable cream provides important nutrients such as iron and folates. It also provides B vitamins and antioxidants.
How to prepare it?
- Take a bag of 500 g of frozen spinach, 1 onion, 1 clove of garlic, 100 g of evaporated milk, 1 jet of olive oil and pepper salt to taste.
- Poach the onion and garlic with the oil, add the spinach, salt and cover with water.
- After 5 or 7 minutes, beat the mixture.
2. Broccoli cream
Broccoli is one of the functional foods that has managed to gain a special space in any healthy diet. As highlighted by a publication in Mini-Reviews in Medicinal Chemistry, it is a source of antioxidants and nutrients such as vitamins E, C, K and minerals such as iron, zinc and selenium. We suggest you enjoy it in an exquisite cream.
How to prepare it?
- In this case, the main ingredients are broccoli and potato. You will also need a large white onion and 1/2 cup of evaporated milk.
- Also, 4 cups of chicken or vegetable broth will give it a delicious flavor that will be enhanced with pepper salt.
- The procedure is similar to the previous case, the onion is poached, the broth is added with the potato and 5 minutes later the broccoli. After another 5 minutes, everything is beaten.
3. Vegetable cream with tomato
It is a vegetable cream that provides a large amount of vitamin C from tomatoes. In addition to a high antioxidant capacity, this vegetable is rich in vitamin A, K, iron, and potassium. Therefore, as supported by a study published in Molecular Nutrition & Food Research, it is a good option to improve defenses and reduce disease risk.
How to prepare it?
- Unlike the gazpacho or salmorejo that are served cold, there is the possibility of making a hot tomato cream. In this case, we will use 500 g of ripe tomatoes, 1 onion, 1 clove of garlic, 1/2 pepper, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- After boiling the tomatoes for about a minute they are introduced in cold water to remove the skin. They are chopped and added to a stir-fried onion, pepper and garlic that we prepare in parallel.
- Pepper salt and add 2 glasses of water or vegetable broth. After 30 minutes, it is beaten and ready to serve.
Vegetable creams, an important dish
Vegetable creams are a very helpful option for consuming vegetables. For a large number of the population, it is even the only way they admit to ingesting them. They have a remarkable advantage over the rest of the preparations: they can be frozen. This allows you to cook a large amount and keep it in the fridge or freezer until it is consumed.
With good planning, it is possible to consume vegetable cream as a first course for most of the week. This ensures the correct intake of vitamins and antioxidants from vegetables.
However, we must be careful with their caloric value. While it is true that when the main ingredient is vegetables and water, the calories in the dish are practically negligible, many recipes include milk or cream. Entering fat improves palatability, but also increases the total calories of the dish.
Get used to cooking varied vegetable creams in large quantities during the weekend. Then store them in the refrigerator or freezer and consume them as a first course as usual. If your intention is to maintain or lose weight, do not add milk, butter or cream. And keep in mind that the greater the variety of vegetables you use, the more vitamins, minerals and antioxidants you will include in your diet.